Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Fun Run At Town Lake

My schedule has changed, and I was able to meet up with Frank and Jan this morning, bright and early, for a relaxed 7 mile loop. We took it easy, and my HR never got high at all. In fact, it was lower than it usually gets to when I've done recovery runs on my own here in the 'Hood. Probably should do more running like this. It was a pretty morning, clear and cool, and we had a great time talking about a hundred topics great and small as we cruised around the lake.

We saw Sean going the opposite direction when we reached the I-35 bridge, and stopped for a brief chat with him before finishing up the run. About 7 miles, 1:08:34, 9:48/mile. I felt good when we finished, and that's what was supposed to happen.

Stuck around after bundling back up in warm clothes, and did almost all of the stretching routine there, enjoying the morning sun. Shannon and Alex were there after having finished their circuit workout earlier, and Sean joined us later, too.

After a while longer, it was time to get going to the gym for Phase Two of the morning's workouts. So far, so good.

No comments: