Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Chilly, but nice...

Met up with Frank, Thon and "new" Amy this morning for a nice easy recovery run. It was in the high 30's, crisp and clear. Really nice running weather. I much prefer cold weather running to hot, that's for sure. We took a couple of brief water stops along the way totalling about 3 minutes, but I just let the watch run on these sorts of runs. We ended up with 7.1 miles of running, about 9:43/mile pace. Frank and I did 5x100m striders afterwards, too. All in all, it felt pretty good out there. I did just a tiny bit of stretching after that, and headed up to Gold's Gym for essential exercises.

GymStuff

At the gym, I knocked out all of the usual core stuff except for the Roman Chair leg lifts. I'll do those tomorrow when I come back for upper body weights. After the core exercises, I did the full length leg weight workout. I added a little weight to seated calf raises, to an even 50 lbs, and other than that, just made sure to do the Butt Blaster machine that Gilbert prescribed for me along with all the other stuff I do on this workout. Except for skipping the post-workout stretching session, this was a very good workout.

Tomorrow is the fun pre-race fartlek tuneup workout with the Gazelles, and then it's just easy stuff from there until Decker and the hilly 20K there.

No comments: