Tuesday, November 15, 2005

EZ Running & Leg Weights

On this morning that gave us some early bits of wind and bluster, a harbinger of the cold front rolling through today, I met Jan down at Town Lake for a nice and easy recovery run. It was a nice little run, with a couple of quick stops for drinks of water, and we finished pretty comfortably. It was really humid, but I suspect this is the last ugly morning of warm humidity for quite a while. It ended up being 7 miles in 1:07 or so, 9:37/mile pace. I felt great, with no aches or pains, and after yesterday's mile repeats, I was happy that was the case. Stayed around and did the full stretching routine as various other Gazelles made their way to the end of their workouts. It was good to see Pete, especially, as he was doing an easy 5 miler following his very fine NYC marathon a week ago.

After that, it was time to hit the gym for The Leg Weights. These aren't that stressful, when taken in isolation like this. I like the way that I feel when I've done the recovery run / leg weight double header. Next time, I'll add a little weight to leg press, but other than that, things are going pretty well.

Good exercise day. Now, I get to spend some quality time this afternoon building a new fence gate after Ranger blasted his way through some old rotten wood there. The new gate shall not have any viewing ports for the Ranger dog, to try and keep him from getting so excited when people do provocative things like walk by on the sidewalk.

No comments: