Thursday, November 03, 2005

Running in the 'Hood

For Phase One of today's exercise extravaganza, I headed out in the 'Hood about 8:00am, when it was bright and sunny, maybe 60 degrees. I planned on doing the usual 60 minute type run, choosing the course as it happened. My HR monitor ran out of power, so I'll have to send it in for a battery replacement, which is a drag. Lasted one year only on a battery, which doesn't seem like very long to me. Oh, well. I'll have to rely on "run how I feel" for these recovery type runs for a while.

I did two of my 'Hood/Water Tower Trail loops, enjoying the extra time on the trail this morning. Without the warning numbers from the HR watch, it was a faster run than usual, but I stayed within normal limits, I think. Ended up with 6.86 miles, 1:02:16, 9:03/mile pace. It never felt like I was blasting away out there, so I think this was just fine. My legs felt way better today than yesterday morning, so the massage yesterday must have done its magic. On the homestretch of today's run, I did some short striders, but did not do any striders after I finished. I did the balance drills after I got done, though, which really helped to finish loosening up my hamstrings. I didn't have any issues with my quads, but the hammies were a little stiff high in the muscle.

Having worked that out and done some good stretching inside, it was time to head for the gym for my experimental leg workout (experimental in the sense that I'm splitting it off from the core and upper body stuff, which I'll do tomorrow). So far, so good today!

No comments: