Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Easy Running

I was able to go down to Town Lake this morning and go for a 7 mile recovery run with Jan and Frank today. Like last week, we ran really easy, but unlike last week, it was warm and soupy out there. They say Thursday will be nice again. They say...

I was a little worried that I'd have problems again with the conditions, but today I felt much better. I'm not completely over my bout with the shakes and such from yesterday, and I'm sore all over from the shivering, but the run today felt just fine. We stopped for two quick water stops on the run, and that helped to top off the tanks, so to speak. It's fun to run like that, nice and easy, with two good friends. The conversation wandered amongst topics great and small, and those world issues that we didn't solve on this run were tabled until next time. :-)

Alex ran with us the first mile or so, and then he headed off for his appointment with Wilke's hill repeats. We saw him afterwards, and he had a great time on that very difficult workout, as usual.

I did the full stretching regimen with Jan afterwards, and it was a good end to the running day. Tomorrow is 1000m repeats on the track, always a challenge to get right.

For the day, 7.1 miles, 1:09:44, 9:49/mile pace. My sore legs felt better after the run, as usual.

No comments: