Thursday, November 17, 2005

Leg Weights

The Legs Only weight workout followed the fartlek running, and it felt great. No aches or pains, and I did some good work. Added some reps to the calf raises, both types, and moved up to 160 lbs on leg press, which wasn't that tough of a step. All in all, I think I felt like I was supposed to on this workout, and I'll have two full days for any residual soreness to fade before Motive on Sunday. No cooldown cycling today, but I did do the full stretching regimen afterwards, and that really made my legs and hips feel great. I was amused after I finished my leg press work when a big weight-lifting type guy asked if he could use the apparatus for his workout. I told him I was done, and moved on to calf raises. After I was done, I checked out what he was doing, and he had the leg press machine fully loaded with 45 lb plates. 7 or 8 per side, with no spare bar length extending beyond the weight stack. Must have been over 600 lbs on that thing! Different needs for different playas, but man, that was a lot of iron!

I have stopped the daily report on funny iPod shuffle song selections, but today there was a pretty good one. It went from Jim Croce "Photographs and Memories" to Alanis Morissette's "You Oughta Know." Two quite different takes on reflecting on a relationship that has ended, don't you think? :-)

No comments: