Thursday, November 17, 2005

Fartleks Without the Gang

Today, after taking a day off of running yesterday, I went out on my own and did the fartlek tuneup workout. Did it mostly on the streets in the 'Hood, but I did start out by doing most of the warmup portion going down the water tower trail, and then had to start the fast intervals coming back up that hill. I think I do the fartlek accelerations a little quicker when I do this workout alone, and it's not nearly as much fun as doing it with the group. I had to wage some inner battles with myself to keep from cutting the workout short, but I managed to do just fine after all was done. Surprisingly quick on the fartlek section, 3.94 miles at 7:41/mile average pace, 10 cycles done at 2 minutes faster, 1 minute easy throughout. The warmup and cooldown bits totalled 2.38 miles at 9:12/mile average pace. (I did cut the cooldown portion down just a bit). Total for the day was 6.32 miles, 8:15/mile overall average pace. Pretty good day at the running office.

Oh, yeah, the weather was spectacular! At noon, it was bright sunshine and 57 degrees, just a glorious day to get out and run. Finally!

No comments: