Saturday, October 01, 2005

Jog and Stretch (& Smile For the Camera)

This morning, we got to sleep in, and met at 7:45 for a really easy 30 minute jog on the trail. This was mainly to warm up the legs enough for the Saturday stretching. I ran with a big group, and we clocked about 3 miles at almost exactly 10:00/mile. We did break a sweat, but there wasn't much heavy breathing.

We followed that up with a group picture session at Auditorium Shores, near where the big stage is being set up for Lance Armstrong & Sheryl Crow are hosting their free concert and "Gift To Austin" on Sunday evening. Pictures were as disorganized as they always are, but I'm sure they'll be fun to see later.

The stretching was a little odd, because the earlier groups in the picture-taking carousel started ahead of some of the rest of us, and we were all sort of off sequence the whole time. Nevertheless, we accomplished our goal for the morning. Gilbert gave us some last-minute recommendations for the 10K tomorrow, and gave us our pre-race warmup time.

Really an uneventful morning of exercise, but everyone was in a really good mood, and it is always fun to see the herd. Now, I just need to rest and get ready for tomorrow. I won't have to wake up really early, so that's a plus. I hope my results are as good as my plan. For a change, I'm not going to plan each mile or even have a goal of anything fancy. I just would like to break 48:00, preferably to set a new Masters 10K PR of 47:52, and a negative split would be cool. I hope I don't drive Frank crazy as he paces along with me...

No comments: