Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Easy Running In the Sun

With the new lower afternoon temperatures, I took the opportunity to run in the sun for a change today after my gym visit. Mostly on the water tower trail behind the 'Hood, I clocked 3.4 miles, 9:02/mile pace, 31:00 and change. Just a nice little run, controlled pacing, enjoying the sun.

GymTuesday

Today's gym visit was more or less fun. 15 minutes on a cycle, but I'm pretty sure it is not totally functioning. Changing levels didn't seem to noticeably change the effort level, but I still spun away for 15 minutes just to get the legs moving. 5 or 10 minutes of stretching, and then into the core stuff. Added time to the various static plank exercises, all of them at least 2 x 1:00 in length. Leg stuff I added 10 lbs to calf raises (up to 35 lbs). Arm stuff, am now ready to move up 5 more lbs on bench next time, to 90 lbs. Increased to 90 lbs on lat pulldowns and 3o lbs on tricep extensions with a dumbbell. Still a scrawny person in comparison to the real gym rats, but I'm getting better. Thank goodness for the iPod, for taking my mind off of the occasional stresses of the gym. :-)

No comments: