Monday, October 17, 2005

It's Monday, and The Runnin' Is Easy...

As usual, the day after a race is easy recovery running. Gilbert prescribed between 5 and 7 miles, depending on how easy you ran it. I couldn't go this morning to run with my fellow Gazelles due to family considerations, so I ran this evening instead, after a full day of walking around and daily activity. Legs felt fine all day, but I took a few minutes here and there as the day wore on to do some gentle stretching, just in case.

At dusk, about 7:00 pm, I took off in the 'Hood for an easy 45-60 minutes, depending on pace and how I felt. Some trail running to the water tower and back, and the rest on the streets. I added a little bit at the end of one of the loops, because I was feeling really easy and comfortable, and ended up with 5.75 miles at 9:17/mile pace. HR numbers good and in the easy zone, so this was a mission accomplished type deal.

After the run, I did some of Gilbert's balance drills to further loosen up my legs and hips, and then did some baby strides in my yard to complete the process. It was a reassuring workout after yesterday's hard work, and nice to see that my legs weren't burnt out as a result of Pervasive's hilly terrain.

Tomorrow is a short easy run and the gym, and then a tempo run is scheduled for Wednesday.

No comments: