Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Gym Work & Spectating

This afternoon, another gym workout, and more chances to people watch. The workout itself was a good one. I've even started using a tiny bit of handheld weights when I do the oblique raises during the core stuff. The hardest things in the core workout are the roman chair exercises and the static plank exercises, the first and last things I do in that portion of the festivities. Today I discovered that Paul McCartney's "Take It Away," a pretty smarmy song, has beats exactly one second apart (if you count ONE two THREE four), which made it a handy tune for the plank stuff.

Just did weighted lunges for legs, since I'm going to do a really easy short run later today. And, since I had that extra time, I put back the lat pulldowns in the arm/upper body portion of things.

Oh, yeah, did 12 minute warmup on the cycle, just to spin things up.

As for the people watching portion of the day, I was amused by a girl who it seems has had "after market" work done, along with extreme bleached blonde hair. While I rode the cycle, I speculated to myself about what she looked like in her previous natural state, before all the drastic changes. I may have laughed out loud as I pondered this important question. However, the question I really wanted to ask her was what her stage name was, but that would have caused an ugly scene, I'm sure. :-)

No comments: