Friday, October 14, 2005

Another Friday, Another Gym Visit

Today's gym extravaganza was a bit longer than usual, because I had additional time to spare, so I did 25 minutes on the cycle for a warmup. Just fine and dandy, and HR was right where it should be. On the core stuff, I finally got to 2x15 on the Roman Chair straight leg lifts, I used 10 lbs on the oblique raises on that apparatus, and I added time on the plank exercises. All in all, a very good core workout.

Leg stuff was mainly to finish flushing out the legs, so nothing too exciting there, just quad extensions, hamstring curls, and calf raises. Added Seated Rows to the upper body workout, and got to 2x15 of the tricep extensions with 25 lbs. Those are really hard at the end of each set.

I did some major changes on the songs on the iPod this morning, so it was fun to see how the shuffle play would act with the new songs. I took out a bunch of songs that were way too mellow for use with exercising, and loaded more upbeat stuff to take their places.

Anyway, it was a really solid workout, and now it's time to rest up for Pervasive. Packet pickup is tomorrow, after our easy 30 minute jog and stretching. I'm ready to race!

No comments: