Friday, February 25, 2005

Weights Again...

I continued the grand adventure in cross-training and strength training today, with a visit to the gym. Started off with the Lifecycle for 20 minutes (Random program, Level 4) just to get warmed up, and then did some decent stretching just for fun.

I was able to do 2 sets of all the exercises, and I even increased the weight and/or reps on a handful of the exercises. I can't wait until my biceps are strong enough to pull a little more weight. I'll stick with 2 sets of the routine for now, especially since Gilbert has added situps/pushups/back raises after every run. In a few weeks, I'll add that 3rd set. I did add lat pulldowns today. I was pleasantly surprised that I wasn't tremendously sore from Wednesday's workout, so I think I'm approaching this the right way.

It's a slow road, trying to improve strength, but I remain committed to the process. Tomorrow, I stretch it out for a 7 mile easy long run, which should be fun. After the stretching session, we're scheduled to take a bunch of group photos with Gilbert, so that'll be humorous.

No comments: