Thursday, February 24, 2005

Another Step Down the Path...

On a blustery but nicely cool afternoon, I went out on the trails behind the 'hood for a nice little recovery run. I felt absolutely great, and that was a pleasant sign on my first back to back runs since Freescale. 3.7 miles, 9:52 pace, all in recovery zone for HR. Just a fun run on an overcast and windy day. It was right at 50 degrees, just perfect. No aches, no pains, no worries. My arms are a little sore from yesterday's weight workout, but the legs are fine.

Also did situps (2 x 12), pushups (2 x 10) and back raises (2 x 12) after this run, as prescribed by Dr. Tuhabonye. I'm woefully weak on some of those, but it will get better. The months after a marathon are a good time to start a strength training regimen, and I agree with Gilbert that this is a good thing for me. And, did the stretching ritual, just for fun. Tomorrow is indoor cycling for warmup and then weight training.

No comments: