Monday, February 21, 2005

Another Post-Marathon Run

It's turned hot here in Austin. This evening, when I did my run, it was sunny and 78 degrees. I sure do miss the cooler weather...

This morning, I met Gilbert and a couple of other Gazelles at Gold's Gym so he could show us the new and improved weight training regimen that he wants us to adopt. There's some new things since last May, but it's all useful exercise. I hope to get signed up for a gym tomorrow and begin the routine as a regular thing. I have such a weird mental thing about going to the gym, but I just need to get over it. No one cares who you are or how much weight you are or are not lifting, but I always feel self-conscious about the measly pounds I'm able to handle.

At 5:30, I went out and did the trail behind the neighborhood plus some other stuff, about 3.7 miles at just under 9:00 pace. It was a push all the way, but everything felt good, so I let it fly a little. I didn't use the GPS again, but I'll get it back out for Wednesday's slightly longer run.

This week, I'll do 4 runs (Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday) and some warmup stationary cycling on Tuesday and Friday with the weight workouts. Next week, I'll start back with the Gazelles workouts on Tuesday and Thursday, and weights will be Wednesday and Friday.

No comments: