Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Monday's Workout Stuff

Forgot to mention what I did yesterday at the gym. It was mostly one set of all the standard workout, as follows:

10 x knee lifts/raises in Roman Chair
10 x straight leg lifts in Roman Chair (wow! These are hard!)
10 x crunches with body close to end of bench
10 x crunches with body further away from end of bench (gets different ab muscles)
10 x torso twist with weights (machine)
10 x oblique crunches on bench (10 each side)
(didn't do back lifts or weighted crunch pull down machine)
10 x bicep curls (30 pounds?)
10 x bench press (45 pounds freeweights)
10 x quad extensions (50 pounds)
10 x hamstring curls (bench - 40 pounds)
5 x single leg hamstring curls (standing, 5 pounds. I was ridiculously weak on this one if I was to use proper form and curl it all the way up)
10 x 4-way single leg multi-hip machine 40 pounds (adductor, abductor, hip flexor, glute)
10 x glute extension machine ("Butt Blaster") 50 pounds
10 x calf raises (3 positions, 45 pounds)
10 x tibialis raises (30 pounds?)
10 x arm swing running form deals (8 pound dumbbells)
Did not do lunges with weights this time, but it can be a part of the workout, too.

I am a little sore today from the weight work (arms and abs), even that abridged version of the workout, but I take that as a sign that I desperately need this as part of my program. I may add an additional upper body exercise or two to the workout (shoulder press, maybe, and tricep extensions). It will be interesting to do the full workout tomorrow.

No comments: