Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Midday run and Weights

Frank invited me to join him at 11:30 this morning for a 5 miler around Town Lake. I haven't run with other folks since the marathon, so I figured it would be a nice chance to catch up with Frank and run at Town Lake for a change. We cruised around 5 miles at 9:17 pace, a good run on the comeback trail. It was my longest run since the marathon, and it felt just fine. I'm keeping myself under control with running, so this was plenty fast for now.

After Endurox and a banana, I made my way over to Gold's Gym for my first try at the full Gazelles weight routine. I did 2 sets of everything, and dialed in my seating positions on the various apparati (?) and the appropriate weights for the weighted exercises. I discovered that my biceps are basically totally wimpy right now, and I'm only bench pressing 50 pounds. I knew that going in, but it's still pretty humbling to be setting the machines or the barbells with so little weight. I did not do weighted lunges this time, and I didn't add any arm/upper body stuff this time, either. On Friday, I'll add tricep extensions and probably lat pulldowns. I predict big soreness tomorrow, but this is definitely something I should be doing.

No comments: