Thursday, February 17, 2005

First Post-Freescale Running

After yesterday's torture session / massage appointment, my legs felt really great this morning. I went up and down the stairs with no problems, and that was a nice bit of improvement. This evening, I went out for my first post-marathon running, a nice easy 3.1 miles at just under 10:00 mile pace, and everything checked out great. No stiffness, and only a few bits during downhill running where I felt my quads at all. I kept it nice and easy, but it was still reassuring to find that I can still do this, despite my day on Sunday. The weather was wonderful, by the way. All day it's been between 50 and 60, which would have been great for race day. Alas... Afterwards, I did the full stretching ritual from Gazelles, and I didn't find any really terrible muscle spots during that. Even though everything feels great, I'll continue to be cautious for at least through next weekend, the 26th/27th. Saturday, maybe a nice easy hour run will be perfect.

Maroon 5 is the Best New Artist from the Grammys? I'd never heard of them. Typical weird result in that category...in the tradition of picking Milli Vanilli and CC Music Factory.

No comments: