Thursday, February 03, 2005

Massage Tuneup

This afternoon, I went to see Ron for my first taper week massage tuneup. Since I've been lucky about avoiding injury for the most part, and stay fairly limber due to a fluke of genetics (I suppose), most of my massage appointments are about maintenance and recovery. I went today to finish off the legs from the half marathon, as well as helping after the speedwork this morning. Ron didn't find too much to worry about, just a little tightness in the right hamstring and the usual tightness in the calves. He pronounced me healthy. I'll see him again next Thursday for a last pre-race massage to work out the sludge that collects during a drastic taper, and I've booked my post-Freescale appointment for the Wednesday after the race. After Freescale, I'll walk every other day and maybe will do some easy cycling to let the legs move around without a lot of pounding, and the Wednesday massage will help clear out some of the wreckage resulting from a marathon race. Just 10 more days!

No comments: