Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Nice and Easy Trail Run

Tonight, I headed out at twilight for a cool little run behind the neighborhood on the trails. I even wore my trail shoes for a change of pace. It was in the mid-40's, and was just perfect running weather. I concentrated on running super easy, and I set the HR monitor to beep at me when I got going too hard. Except for a couple of short climbs, I stayed below the warning line, and on those few climbs, it dropped back under the line quickly. It was fun to run as it got dark, navigating by the glow of moonlight through the cloud cover. I did the stretching regimen afterwards, which is the main reason I wanted to get this run done today. Everything is feeling great, and once again I just enjoyed the sheer pleasure of running easily...the quiet sounds of footfalls on the dirt trail, my internal radio station that was tuned to the reggae station tonight, and my thoughts of the upcoming marathon.

3.4 miles, 9:53 pace, nice and comfy.

No comments: