Friday, October 29, 2004

Rest Day

Days like this are nice. No scheduled run, a full day of rest, getting ready for tomorrow's long one (16 miles). I try to use these days to practice my pre-marathon eating, rest, and hydrating, to make sure that I know what nutritional and rest regimen works best for me prior to a marathon. Call it a Dress Rehearsal for Freescale. I even try to wear the clothes that I think I'll wear for the marathon, as much as possible. If I'm going to try a new flavor or brand of energy gels during the run, these runs are the time to try it. It's never a good idea to use a new product of any sort on your race day. After months and months of training, it would be a shame to mess up your goal race by using some product that gives you blisters, chafes you in a bad spot, or causes intestinal distress. Use the long runs for all the kinds of things that you want to try, besides the raw training effect of covering longer and longer distances.

I sure hope the weather cooperates tomorrow. Looks like intermittent showers and temps in the 70's.

No comments: