Thursday, October 07, 2004

Gazelles again, 6:00 am. Extreme humidity, overcast, about 72 degrees. Could be worse, that's for sure. Anyway, today was 6x700m repeats on a fairly flat course, with about 300m jog across the grass for recovery, then "boom!" start the next one. I was grouped with Henry, Amy, a new person and myself. After the first repeat, I paired up with Amy, and we did the rest of the workout as a team. I started off easy, since my legs were a little dead (six days straight of running will do that to you), and my calves were a little sore at the start. By the third repeat, however, everything started falling into place, and the rest of the workout went just fine. Average pace was 7:21/mile for the 6 repeats, so 4200m at 7:21/mile. Not too bad. It worked out to be about 1:45 rest jogging between repeats. Gilbert advised super easy jogging between, and I tried to oblige. He also wanted "70-80% effort," which is probably about what I did. So, all things considered, a really nice workout.

I actually took the time to stretch pretty intensively afterwards, which is a good idea any time, of course. I'm looking forward to the full day off tomorrow, as I get rested up for Mount Bonnell on Saturday.

Stronger every day...

No comments: