Monday, October 04, 2004

The prescribed workout today was a relaxed recovery run in the 45-60 minute range. So, I fought off the lazy demons and headed out the door at 8:00 am for my little run. I am a little stiff from yesterday's exertions, but not anything terrible. I did a little stretching while I waited for the GPS watch to synch up, and then set out. The weather was pretty nice, maybe 72 degrees and sunny. Not too humid, either, I think. Anyway, I did my neighborhood loop plus the water tower trail behind the 'Hood, for 5.45 miles at 50:31. Average pace probably a little quick, 9:17/mile. First two miles were textbook, 9:53 and 9:35, and then I settled into 9:00 miles for the rest of the run. By the end of the run, my legs felt really good, so the workout did its job. I'll schedule a massage for tomorrow to work out whatever is left of the race soreness.

This week, I need to temper my enthusiasm, and merely do the workouts and not add new difficulty or distance where I don't need it.

No comments: