Wednesday, October 06, 2004

For a change, I actually did the Wednesday recovery run instead of taking the day off. I can't wait until I'm able to hand off the Galloway runners, so that I can have Sunday as a running rest day like the rest of the Gazelles.

Anyway, today was scheduled for 45-60 minutes, easy. I revised it to 30-45 minutes, easy, since I only get one full day off right now. However, on my "easy" run, I included a nasty uphill on Lakewood Drive, which is about like the Mt. Bonnell and Pervasive hills. I didn't push the hill except the honest difference in effort required to get up such a steep climb. I set the Garmin to beep at me if I exceeded 9:30/mile, to keep me nice and easy. That feature worked well. For the section of the run including the nasty climb, I was at 9:42 pace, which would be acceptable during the Pervasive run, and is faster than we'll need to climb Bonnell on the long run Saturday. I recovered fairly quickly afterwards, too. It was a good run, a little over 4 miles, a little over 38 minutes, about 9:35 pace overall. I tried to wimp out, but finally just headed out the door at about 10:30 am when I could find no good reason not to run.

I'll be doing 9 miles with the Galloway finishers this Sunday, after Mt. Bonnell, and I'll hold them to 13:00 pace at the fastest, mainly for me. Then, the week after, I'll lead the time goal people over for their first hill repeat workout, but I'll take it easy on the hill bits. Then, Pervasive, and then on Halloween, I'll just have to help the Finishers do 6 or 7 miles. On November 7th, I'll again lead the time goalers on their hill repeats. Then, I think I can basically hand off leadership of the groups except for December 12th. That's the day after a 20 miler for me, so I may only have to put out water and stuff, since all the groups, fall and Freescale will be combined by that point. I may need to follow along on my bike or something, but that's about it.

No comments: