Monday, October 18, 2004

Recovery run. I switched the schedule a little bit, moving the 30-40 minute recovery run to today, since I worked harder than I thought yesterday with the GalloWay folks. The marathon pace run is now on Wednesday. Anyway, I got out there tonight for the recovery cruise. It was muggy and warm, but what the heck. I set the pace warning on my GPS watch to 9:30/mile, so that it would try and keep me running truly easily. The course was rolling terrain in my neighborhood, and the 3.4 miles came in at 9:51/mile pace, pretty much a perfect true recovery run. My legs felt a lot better after the run, with the residual soreness from yesterday largely gone. Good HR at the end of the run, too, at 136 bpm, which with my HR range, is definitely in the easy aerobic zone. This was just a nice easy run to start off the week. Tomorrow is either circuit training or 10x400m with Gazelles. I'll find out tomorrow which it is, but I think I'll be doing 400's.

No comments: