Sunday, October 31, 2004

Recovery Run With GalloWayers

This morning, on Central Standard Time, I set out with the Finishers group from Galloway, to lead them through a 7 miler on the I-35 loop. They're supposed to be running pretty easy, maybe 12-13 minute miles, and all at run 3/ walk 1 minute. It was okay, about 74 degrees, totally overcast, high humidity, even some light rain while we were out there.

The run felt just fine, but they were really frisky, and we ended up running 7 miles at 11:11/mile pace. Okay for me for a recovery run, but probably a little quick for them as a training pace. We'll work on that in the future.

I did some good stretching afterwards, and the legs feel just fine today. My back and abs are slightly stiff, still, but I can work on that.

Now, after guitar orchestra practice this afternoon, it'll be Trick or Treat time this evening, weather permitting.

No comments: