Friday, November 12, 2004

Rest Day

Today is a full planned rest day, getting ready for tomorrow's 18 miler up and over Mt. Bonnell...andn then back up and over it again from the other side. I've talked to all of my pace group for this run, and we're all excited and nervous about it. I think we'll do a good job of staying on the proper pace for the first 10 miles of it, that's for sure. We're supposed to push the pace for the last 5 miles of the run, just enough to work on the mental aspects of running hard while you're tired.

The weather has really turned today. It's 45 degrees out now, and it's only supposed to get up to about 55 degrees. Heavily overcast, too. Tomorrow, it's supposed to be similar weather, maybe with some light rain. Should be interesting. The temperatures are just fine. Since we've not really run in temps this cool on a long run, it'll take some time to figure out the proper clothing. I think long pants are out, but maybe a jacket would be smart, or a vest. We'll see.

As usual, today is a dress rehearsal for my pre-marathon feeding strategy, as I eat exactly what I plan on eating before the Freescale marathon. I'm going to experiment with drinking Accelerade during tomorrow's run, and I'll be using GU. It's probably time to get out the GU flask, as a matter of fact.

My legs feel rejuvenated after yesterday's easy day and today's rest, but I'll still do some easy stretching later on to get everything ready to go. Tomorrow will be a real adventure!

No comments: