Thursday, November 11, 2004

Easy day

I met the Gazelles this morning, on a beautiful 60 degree clear day, and did the warmup run over to Zilker park. Then, after the drills, I hung out. Since I did the mile repeats on Monday, today was sort of a rest day. Gilbert talked to me about some form issues that he's noticed in my running, and we worked on those while the other folks were knocking out their mile repeats. My legs were a bit sore from last night's pace run, so this was probably a good thing. I ran back with Alex and Liliana, two fast Gazelles. After their mile repeats, they were slow enough on the cooldown run for me to comfortably run with them. Some good stretching later on, and I feel fine. Total day 4 miles, 9:45 average pace.

Now, it's basically two days to rest and get ready for Saturday's epic 18 miler. I'm doing my usual pre-marathon feeding rituals the next couple of days, to totally simulate all that for the long run. Another dress rehearsal for Marathon Day.

No comments: