Sunday, November 07, 2004

New York City Marathon

Apparently, it got a little warm today at the NYC marathon, warming to high 60's and bright sun for most of the race, starting at around 1:00 pm EST. That hurt most of the finish times that I checked out among Austin folks. Frank, my running friend and fellow Gazelle, had what he described as a bad day, but still ran 4:03. That would be a pretty good time for me, but Frank had been shooting for a much more aggressive time goal, so he was disappointed. He'll snap back quickly, and is already working through the process of analyzing his race preparation. The Galloway people from here all ran in the mid-5 hour range, which in some cases is surprising, but the weather may have had a lot to say about that.

I had perfect weather the year I ran NYC, but my training wasn't as solid as it needed to be. There's just so much that goes into a good marathon performance...it's almost a miracle when everything comes together just so.

No comments: