Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Recovery Run

This morning, it was a true recovery run. It was a nice morning, once again, temps in the low 70's, bright sunshine. I set the HR monitor to beep at me if I got going a little too frisky, and set out for a relaxing run. I did most of the run in the nature preserve behind our neighborhood, and really enjoyed the nice running surface and the total absence of cars (or anything else for that matter). I explored a new trail that some neighbors have told me about, and it looks promising, although I'll need to wear real trail shoes for it, since it's very rocky. I had the Steve Miller Band's "Jet Airliner" stuck in my head the whole time I was running, which wasn't totally bad.

Final numbers, 4.1 miles, right at 10:00/mile pace, HR average safely in the totally aerobic zone. I did some strides afterwards, per Gilbert's suggestion, and everything felt just fine. The legs were slightly stiff this morning before the run, but they feel great now after the run and after stretching.

Tomorrow is the marathon pace run, 20 easy, 45 minutes at marathon race pace, 20 easy. I've been looking forward to this one!

No comments: