Sunday, November 07, 2004

Recovery run w/ Galloway folks

This morning, another absolutely glorious day, I met my Galloway troops for their workouts. I was the only available group leader, so I had to get creative. I sent two of the finisher folks out on the trail to do the 7 mile loop portion of their 12 mile scheduled long run. One of those runners was stopping at about 5 miles to line up and run the Race for the Cure 5K downtown this morning, and the other was to continue and meet me on the trail. I led the two time goal folks over for hill repeats at Zilker Park. Nice and easy warmup run over to the hill, and then I took an easy run up the hill with them to show them again where the finish line of the hill was. We jogged back down the hill, and I turned them loose to do their repeats. I jogged back and forth about halfway up the hill to meet them on the way back of their next two repeats, and then left them to finish while I went back to the trail to meet Lindsey.

She showed up pretty much right on schedule, and I joined her for her last 6 miles or so. We ran about 11:00/mile pace, and my HR numbers were truly in easy aerobic range the whole time. It was a nice relaxing run as we chatted about her various questions about training and racing, etc. Runners were still crossing the First Street bridge heading to the finish of the 5K when we were rolling along the trail there.

All in all, it was a beautiful day to be out running, and I did 9.5 miles total, average pace somewhere around 10:40/mile.

I took the time to sit in the sunshine afterwards and did the full stretching routine while I had my post-run refreshments. What a day!

No comments: