Tuesday, November 30, 2004

November Roundup

Grand totals for November: 171.8 miles, a new lifetime record for mileage in a single month, and a hundred miles more than last November. In 2003, my average run was much longer than now, but I ran many fewer runs, almost a third of the number I ran this November. All of my runs last November were either races or long runs, not the blueprint to success. The quantity of runs and quality of them (average pace is significantly faster) is way up as well. This continues to be high-level training for a mid-pack runner like me, and I'm seeing the results of it in my race times, which have been consistently fast. My last 4 races have all been "Masters PR's," the fastest race times at those distances since I turned 40, and I've been chopping 5 or 10 minutes or more off my times at these same races last year. That's pretty cool. On to Decker!

No comments: