Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Vogueing at Gold's (Strike a Pose!)

This morning, I made my Tuesday visit to Gold's for Core and Leg workouts. I noticed a larger than normal preponderance of folks who just couldn't take their eyes off of themselves in the collected mirrors there. I'd just as soon not check myself out while pushing bits of iron around. But there were a bunch of people who really were captivated by their own images. Guess that's why most of the walls are covered in mirrors, huh? :-)

Anyway, I got in 10 minutes of easy cycling to warmup, and then did most of the regular stretching routine to work out any residual junk from yesterday's Secret Hill workout. Legs felt great, for the record. Core stuff went well, even the hated Roman Chair exercises. The leg weights went perfectly well, pushing the muscles around (including a lot of those muscles that are only small contributors to the running motion) for some strength-building while working out residue from previous running efforts. I'm not trying to do any max weight sets for the legs, so doing sets of 15 reps really does more to rehab my legs than tire them out. As much as I like to complain about the gym, it really does help.

I noticed on the Gold's Video channel that Ashlee Simpson has had major plastic surgery in the last year or so, and has that wonderfully natural white blonde hair, as well. I had the iPod on, so fortunately I could not hear her sing...I presume that her voice is much the same as it ever was. Speaking of the iPod, it delivered an excellent mix of tunes this morning, including a new Asylum Street Spankers' song called "Whatever" that I need to learn. It's funny.

Oh, I found my old Garmin 201, and after a year just sitting there, unused, I turned it on today, and it has a full charge! While the 305 is getting repaired/replaced, at least I'll have a modestly accurate accounting of my running mileage. Gosh, I might just put a new battery in my old Polar HR watch while I'm at it, and go back to the two watch scenario for long runs. Technology slave. :-)

No comments: