Thursday, June 07, 2007

EZ Runnin'

Tonight, after some more cross-training yardwork this afternoon, I got out for the scheduled recovery run. I had a hard time keeping my HR down where I had hoped (150-155), but I ended up with an average rate of 159 bpm, which was fairly close, I guess. I just cruised around in the 'Hood for a little over 50 minutes, 5.25 miles. It was warm at dusk when I got out there, but not too bad as the sun went down. Mission accomplished. No leg pains, no real leg fatigue, just plain old easy running.

On Prince's birthday, the iPod delivered one of his tunes, along with a lot of Beatles, some Springsteen, a fun B-52's song ("Planet Claire"), Meatloaf and James Brown. The coolest tune was a cover of "Stairway to Heaven" by Rodrigo y Gabriela. It was very cool. Sort of classical sounding, then jazzy, and finally a sort of flamenco fusion deal. For such an iconic tune, the cover worked exceptionally well.

Tomorrow is a gym visit and some indoor cycling.

No comments: