Tuesday, June 26, 2007

EZ Runnin', Gym and Yardwork

Sounds exciting, huh? Such is a day here at Casa Clement. I eased over to Gold's in the morning for core and leg weights, and that went pretty well. I think most of the mirror-watchers come to the gym later in the day (noon and afternoon), so the people-watching wasn't as good as usual. Sigh...

Time passed, errands were run, and then the intermittent rains eased back enough to leave merely jungle-level humidity and heat for mowing. So, I got out there and did additional heat training and crosstraining pushing the mower around the yard. The steady rains that we've had this summer have caused the grass to grow much heavier and quicker than in past years, which is great for aesthetics, but lousy for the mower guy (me). I managed to get through all that while enjoying a podcast on the iPod, and then commenced rehydrating upon returning to the cool of the house.

Hours passed, and at 8:00pm, I headed out for the EZ HR run in the 'Hood. I bumped up the time and distance a little bit more as I ease up to the full 7 miler. Tonight, I scored 56:54 and just over 6 miles. Average pace was 9:28/mile. My HR was a little higher than I'd like, probably due to all the other activity that preceded the run, but the pace felt nice and easy, so mission accomplished. A little stretching, and my workout day was done. Now, I just have to get enough food and fluids so that I'm ready to go for tomorrow's 800's.

No comments: