Friday, June 08, 2007

Cycle and Gym

Today I complied with the schedule (my own schedule, really, but still...), and found my way up to Gold's for a visit. This time, I got in 25 minutes of indoor cycling, using a HR target function to keep me going properly, and that felt just fine. In fact, I think my legs felt better after having done the cycling. Go figure.

For core exercises, it was the floor exercises as usual, plus a single set of both of the Roman Chair leg/knee lifts. Next time, I'll get to two sets of those. I also added the back raises back into the mix. My core is still weak, but it's getting better little by little.

Upper body stuff was the bicep curl, bench press, dumbbell chest flies, seated rows, and tricep extensions version of things, with 2 sets of everything. I did better on bench and tricep extensions today, and was pleasantly fatigued at the end of the workout. Later on, of course, I found that I could barely lift my arms, but that's the price of lifting sometimes. :-)

iPod delivered a fine selection of varied tunes, but my favorite was Steve James and Del Rey doing a cover of Chuck Berry's "Nadine." Their version is just the best. Two fine musicians having a blast with the wry lyrics and funky swagger of a great tune. I highly recommend their duo album called "Tonight." Every song is a pleasure to hear, and you can actually sense them smiling their way through the whole production.

No comments: