Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day/Birthday

This year is one of those years where Father's Day and my birthday coincide. While my family takes pains to celebrate both occasions, it's still sort of a drag when I get cheated out of one of my big days. :-) At any rate, I'm another year older, along with those two kids who earned me the "father" designation. As always, happy birthday to Barry Manilow and Venus Williams, with whom I share this natal anniversary.

The only downside to this happy day was that it seems that the water that invaded the Garmin has apparently killed it. It will not turn on, and apparently, the battery inside immediately discharges once it's off the charger. I hope that some sort of warranty provision or credit card warranty or guarantee will provide coverage to replace the unit. It worked fabulously well for a year, but almost exactly at the end of that year, it has sprung a leak and died. Boo hoo. I'll have to rely on others for my GPS data now, at least until I get mine fixed/replaced. Gadgets...

No comments: