Thursday, June 28, 2007

Thursday, and the Running is Easy

Another Thursday, another recovery HR run. It was especially fun to go out tonight because Garmin delivered a new watch to my doorstep this afternoon. Start to finish, it was one week for them to receive my non-functioning watch and to replace it with a new one. I give them big kudos for customer service, once they accepted that it was dead. Under warranty, so it was free as well. So, after getting it all set up with the running log software and setting all the display screens to my preferences, I headed out tonight at dusk for a nice run. The weather seemed cooler and maybe a touch less humid, and I felt really great out there. Legs good, breathing easy, HR nice and low. Recipe for success. I scored a shade over 6 miles, 57 minutes and change, 9:28/mile average pace, and HR a new record for low average for these runs. All in all, I was happy with the workout.

Instead of going to the gym today, I experimented and did the long core workout that my massage guy, Ron Perry, has filmed for DVD. It's a tough little workout, especially when you're sort of trying to figure out exactly what's supposed to be done on each exercise as you're going. I was glad to get a bunch of new ideas for core exercise, and I'll use some of them at the gym the next time I go. This workout is a good standalone effort, too, for days that I don't go to the gym (or as a substitute for the core portion of the gym workouts). Thumbs up, Ron!

Tomorrow, it's a gym/cycle day, and then Saturday, we'll be doing 16 miles or so somewhere in the city limits of Austin. The major rainstorms up and down the lake system that feeds into Town Lake have caused havoc with the water levels along the trail, and our planned route for Saturday is definitely not going to be available. We'll see what happens.

No comments: