Wednesday, June 27, 2007

And the Gym...

I visited Gold's around lunchtime, and was rewarded with much better people-watching than yesterday. I truly don't understand how some people can wear short or pants so low in a workout setting. I understand WHY, but not HOW. Do they use double-stick tape to hold the pants/shorts on so there's no wardrobe malfunction? Call me puzzled. :-)

Anyway, I had a good workout again. Good core workout with Roman Chair and floor exercises, although I'm thinking it might be time to experiment with 3 sets of everything at least once a week. I'll ponder that. The upper body stuff went very well in spots (bicep curls, lat pulldowns, incline press), but I was a little off on others (bench press, tricep pulldowns). C'est la vie.

It's all for the greater good, or at least for the better functioning of the running machine, so as always, I can ignore the fluctuations on a daily basis as long as the trendline over a longer time frame is upwards. Ooooh, math and statistics! Such a geek.

Thursday is EZ HR running again and a core/leg weights gym visit. We'll be around 16 miles for the long run on Saturday, but the route is much flatter than the last couple of runs, so it should be a pretty reasonable outing.

No comments: