Thursday, June 21, 2007

Gym Visitation

I flaked out yesterday after the 1000's, and didn't go to the gym for core/upper body workout. I did, however, do a complete core workout here at home, using the exercise ball and, uh, the floor. No arms except pushups, but that won't kill me.

Today I got over to Gold's, though, and sailed through a core/leg weights day. I added reps to the floor exercises and back raises, and added 5 seconds to each of the plank exercises, so there's progress there. On the leg weights, I did everything, and even added back in the "Butt Blaster" machine that Gilbert likes us to use. I bumped up the weight on hamstring curls, quad extensions and both kinds of calf raises, too. It was a solid workout.

There was quite a bit less mirror-watching from the assembled masses today, for some reason. The iPod chose a lot of Springsteen, the Beatles and Chicago today for my listening pleasure. Chicago II was the first album I ever bought, back in 1971 or 1972. The double LP cost me something around $6, as I recall. I've still got it. They were my first "favorite group," and I still enjoy their music to this day. I sure do miss vinyl LP's. It was always so cool to look at all the cover artwork, the liner notes, and the song lyrics...certainly it was better than on CD, where you have to break out the magnifying glass (or your eyeglasses) to read all the info. Naturally, it's easier to take care of CDs, but when you'd drop an LP on the turntable for the first time, and the needle touched down at the outer groove with a soft "tick," it was a special moment. At least it was for me. :-)

No comments: