Friday, March 04, 2005

Take It To The Gym...

Another Friday, another cross training adventure in the gym. I went to a different Gold's Gym today because of a time issue, and found that they were missing one machine that I normally use. Oh, well. After 30 minutes on a Precor stationary cycle (it is far superior to the Lifecycle, very smooth), I did a good stretching routine, and then hit the circuit. Again, I added reps and/or weights to many of the exercises, and I felt pretty good all the way through. There was some gasping on some of the ab exercises, but that's normal. After bench press, I tried to find barbells sufficiently light to do tricep extensions, but the only ones light enough were the plastic color coded 5 pounders, so I wimped out and did those once I got home. How embarrassing! This gym uses a different freeweight bar, weighing 45 pounds instead of 22.5 pounds, so for my bench press at 55 pounds, I had little 5 pounders on each end of the bar. I cranked out my 3 sets, but it will be nice when I move up a little in weight on those. Altogether, a good workout. Sunday, I'll do some core stuff at home, but I'll skip the gym then to give myself a better "off" day of rest after tomorrow's 10 miler.

No comments: