Monday, March 07, 2005

Blah...

Sunday, I spent the morning cleaning up the house, and then headed down to San Antonio, in the constant drizzle and rain, for a guitar gig. We played well, but it was a long way to go to play 30 minutes. Once I got home, I did get out the fitball and the dumbbells, and did a whole slew of core exercises and such. It felt good to do some physical activity after being either in a car or seated in a chair on stage for most of the day.

Today, Monday, I was scheduled to do my first tempo run of the post-marathon season. Unfortunately, I let the steady rain and occasional lightning this morning keep me in the house. Then, with the kids home for a teachers work day, I just never got out on the road to do the run. I'm disappointed in myself for slacking off today, but I guess I'll get over it. I did do situps, pushups and back raises, though, to keep those exercises going. Just nothing aerobic.

Tuesday is Wilke, the dreaded monster hill repeat workout. Wednesday is back to the gym for cycling and weights, Thursday is some sort of track workout, Friday is weights and cycling, and Saturday is a long run in the 13-14 mile range. Maybe a Mt. Bonnell run? After that run, I'll hurry home and we're heading out for a spring break trip with the kids. I'll be out in the countryside during that trip, so I'll have a chance to do some nice runs on dirt roads and very lightly trafficked farm roads. It should be nice.

No comments: