Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Gym Stuff...

Finally officially joined Gold's Gym. And today, I didn't feel so weird going to workout there. I guess it's a habit now, and I know I'm in better shape than a lot of folks there.

Started with 25:00 on the Lifecycle, this time on Manual setting, 10 minutes easier to warmup, then 10 minutes at a higher level, then back down for last 5:00. Next time, I'll move up to 30 minutes. Worked up a sweat, too. Only problem is the televisions by the Lifecycles were all set on either soap operas or "Who Wants To Be a Millionaire." Groan. Maybe I would get some use out of an mp3 player?

After a good stretch (my left leg is still a little stiff), I cranked through the workout. I was able to add some reps and some pounds to some of the exercises again, which makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something. I substituted dumbbell curls for the biceps instead of that curl machine, and all of a sudden, I was lifting more than the machine said I could lift. Go figure. On some of the leg stuff, I backed off on the amount of weight and concentrated on form (fast up, slow down), and got a satisfying burn at the end of each set. Added seated rows to the upper body stuff this time. I'll add tricep extensions with dumbbells next time, and that's probably enough for a while for the arms.

It will be interesting to see how much, if any, my body changes as a result of this new regimen. Something to keep track of, that's for sure.

Oh, yeah, February totals were 91.7 miles, not bad with taper weeks before the marathon and slow uptick on the other side of it.

No comments: