Saturday, January 28, 2006

When The Rain Comes...

Today was our Saturday super easy jog plus strides that occurs before races. A fairly small crew gathered under drizzly skies for this adventure. We covered maybe 3 miles at 10:00/mile, nice and relaxed, and then knocked out 5 striders. Basically not much happening with it, but we got amused when the rains came and went while we were out there like goofy people. We stretched afterwards in the coming rain, which was increasingly silly. At any rate, Gilbert clarified my race task for the morning (relaxed 4-5 miles, then "go" for last, flatter, portion of the race), and that's mostly what I needed out of the day.

It's really strange, but I'm just sort of sleepwalking into the half marathon tomorrow. I should be more nervous, but I guess no matter what, I just want to run at slightly faster than MGP to start, and then finish strong. Okay. It would be really cool to nip under 8:00/mile pace for the race, so I'll keep that in mind if things are going well.

No comments: