Friday, January 20, 2006

Extra Rest

I felt a cold coming on during the afternoon on Wednesday, and ended up taking Thursday (recovery run) and Friday (easy gym) off. This is pretty much what I'll do for the marathon, so why not go ahead and do it today, too? I've followed my Day Before The Marathon nutrition routine, so hopefully, I'll have a fun long run with the gang. 22 miles, more or less. I guess Gilbert will still ask us to try a fast finish...maybe the last 4 miles? Right now, he's got us scheduled to run the last 22 miles of the marathon course, including the stretch out and back on Cesar Chavez. That might be a little dicey with traffic around 9:00 am, so we might have to call an audible during the run and go down and back on 6th Street instead. We'll see in the morning.

I hope I get a good night's rest!

No comments: