Sunday, April 10, 2005

Weekly Stats and Tiger Time!

I took a full day off today, after realizing I'd gone 12 straight days either running or in the gym (or both). Well, I ended up doing some fitball exercises, experimenting with some new ones to see what I might substitute into the regular gym routine, but no running or extended gym work. Other than that, we celebrated Jake's birthday (12 already!), had some cake, and watched the Masters. It was really exciting, even if it was golf, and it was cool to see Tiger win another major.

For the week, I had 4 running workouts, 31 miles. Really good long run up Mt. Bonnell, a couple of good Gazelles workouts with the Monday/Wednesday crew, and a little 5.5 mile pace run. Two good gym workouts, as well. This week will be a tough one on the exercise front, but it should be the toughest one between now and the Indy Mini Marathon in May. I hope the weather cooperates tomorrow so that I can get out there for the long progressive run (well, actually, Gilbert said to go 2 easy miles, then 7 miles at half marathon pace, and one last mile really pushing it). I'm increasingly optimistic about the half marathon at Indy, based on how training and racing is going. Just one more month...

No comments: