Wednesday, April 13, 2005

...And a Recovery Run, Just for Fun

I was restless this evening, so I scooted out for a little 40 minute recovery type run in the 'Hood. Did 4.5 miles exactly in 40 minutes exactly for an 8:53 average. Used the HR monitor to keep me slowed down, but turned it off for the last 1.5 miles, where it was going to be mostly hilly and uphill slopes. Still kept overall run in happy HR zone. This was a good one, just to work out the kinks remaining from yesterday's mile repeats. It was much warmer, about 80 degrees, but the sun was going down, so it wasn't as brutal as full sun would have been.

Tomorrow morning, it's 400m repeats. Coach is talking about doing them in groups of 5 repeats, so I suspect that means that we'll be asked to do the first set at a certain pace, then slightly faster on set 2, and so on. I did 18 x 400m the last time we did these, so it will be interesting to see how I do tomorrow. Tomorrow's workout is all about the 5k, and very little about the half marathon in May. That's okay, though.

No comments: