Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Oops...I forgot to properly BlogNotate!

Monday, I again couldn't get motivated to get out there and do the pace run as scheduled. I gotta figure that out someday...

However, Tuesday, Mary Anne had an early work meeting, so I couldn't attend the Wilke Hill Festivities with the Gazelles, so I did the pace run on Tuesday instead. I did it in the 'Hood, easy 2 miles at about 9:15/mile pace, and then 5 miles at a sort of progressive pace, averaging just under 8:00/mile for the fast bits, with a "fast lap" of 7:48/mile at the end. I wish I could've joined the herd for the hillwork, but home life does trump running hobby. I'm pleased with the pace run, but I'm still mad at myself for not doing it on the scheduled day. Overall, just over 7 miles at 8:22 average pace. Mid 60's temperatures, overcast, humid. The wonderful crystal clear cool mornings are gone, I fear.

Today, Wednesday, I went to the gym for the regular workout, and had a good time. When an exercise feels like it's getting easier, I just do more or more weight the next time. It's still hard work, but I can see results. Warmup 30 minutes on the cycle, watching the financial channels and CNN with the scrolling text across the screens.

I'm looking forward to running with the herd again tomorrow. After we run, I get to go and meet Mary Anne at the bank to finish up our refinancing on the house. That'll be fun, right?

No comments: