Monday, April 25, 2005

Recovery Run in the Sun (oooh, it rhymes!)

Today, I felt pretty good after yesterday's 5k racing exertions. I waited until the afternoon, and then got out in the sun and mild heat (about 70 degrees) for my day after recovery run, as well as the next heat acclimatization run. I went out intending to go for an easy 45 minutes or so in my neighborhood, which is mildly hilly. There was a slight breeze, so that helped with the minor heat. All in all, I felt great out there today. Ended up doing 46 minutes, 5.1 miles, right at 9:00/mile pace. I was a little faster than I had intended, and my HR was higher than a normal recovery run, but I blame that partially on the iced tea and Dr. Pepper I ingested in the hours prior to the run. (That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!) I never felt like I was blasting away out there, and my breathing never got out of control, so this was a good one. Afterwards, did most of the stretching regimen, and got back to the post-run exercises. 4x30 crunches/leg extensions, 2x25 "Jan" crunches, 2x25 "Canoe" crunches, 2x15 pushups. A nice day at the running office, and I've finally gotten back onto the Monday run routine.

No comments: