Friday, April 08, 2005

Gym-nastics

I've felt a little leg-tired this week, so today, I skipped the leg portions of the workout regimen. I warmed up with 15 minutes on the bike, and then did the full Ab and Upper Body segments of the workout. I added a new fitball crunch to the mix, and I think I might add just one more exercise there for abs/core, if for no other reason than to have some exercises to rotate in the routine just for variety. Upper body stuff went well. It was a good day at the gym. With Mt. Bonnell coming up tomorrow, I just figured skipping the leg weights today was okay. I'll try to get to the gym on Sunday for a full workout.

I feel pretty good, and all the workouts on the road and in the gym have gone well this week, but I can tell my legs needed a real day off today. Tomorrow should be fun, a 14-15 miler up Mt. Bonnell. Frank and Alex will be in attendance, and maybe some additional guest runners in our crew. We can let Alex talk tomorrow so it will keep him slowed down just a bit, and that way we can all run together the whole way. :)

No comments: